Filter paper chromatography. Postini spam filter. Around internet filter.
Filter Paper Chromatography
- Paper chromatography is an analytical chemistry technique for separating and identifying mixtures that are or can be colored, especially pigments. This can also be used in secondary or primary colors in ink experiments.
- a method which involves placing a drop of fluid on a permeable piece of paper and noting the development and nature of the halos, or rings, surrounding the drop through time. The roots of this test can be traced to the 1940s, when railroads used the "blotter spot" tests.
- A device for suppressing electrical or sound waves of frequencies not required
- device that removes something from whatever passes through it
- A screen, plate, or layer of a substance that absorbs light or other radiation or selectively absorbs some of its components
- an electrical device that alters the frequency spectrum of signals passing through it
- A porous device for removing impurities or solid particles from a liquid or gas passed through it
Fun in Chemistry class. aka: My paper chromatography lab. Manually focused with the aid of the focusing screen on the Optio S5z, since the glass of the graduated cylinder was throwing off the auto-focus.
Update:  This photo was recently selected by the Smithsonian Institute's National Science Resources Center for publication in a science book for children, tentatively titled "Changes." How cool, and nerdy, indeed! ¦
A student works in the evidence processing lab - a separate room adjacent to the gym. Tables are set up with 10 pens. Students use pens to mark filter paper and then proceed with paper chromatography (at the same tables where a teammate is analyzing dental molds)
jonathan antin shower filter
high pass filter function
above ground pool filter
how to install pool filter
whole house sand filter
compare water filter systems
site filter proxy